Western Iowa Mutual Insurance Association Scholarship Criteria
- Four $500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors from high schools in Iowa.
- These scholarships are renewable for the second, third, and fourth consecutive years of education (a maximum award of $2,000) through a letter of reapplication which provides evidence of satisfactory progress toward a degree, maintenance of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, and that the student is in good standing with the college/university and community.
- Applicants must be in either the top 50% of their graduating class or carry a 3.0 GPA and be enrolled as full-time students in an accredited trade school, or two-year or four-year college or university.
- Applicants parents must be Western Iowa Mutual Insurance policyholders and retain that policy for the duration of the scholarship. If the policy is cancelled for any reason the scholarship is void.
- Applicants must submit a completed SWIEF, Inc. application, which includes a transcript in a sealed envelope.
** In addition to the basic SWIEF application:
- Applicants must attach a copy of a Declarations Page from a current insurance policy from Western Iowa Mutual Insurance Association listing a parent as the insured.
All payments will be made directly to the college or university attended. Awards will be made only upon notification of acceptance and enrollment.